As we’ve constructed up the world’s largest traveler neighborhood over the previous 20 years, an more and more essential part is sustaining integrity among the many over 760 million opinions and opinions hosted on the TripAdvisor platform. Preserving our platform honest and sincere is essential to the companies and customers that depend on us, and we wish our members to know the in depth efforts we take to fight faux opinions.
We’ve lately launched our inaugural TripAdvisor Assessment Transparency Report, which supplies knowledge and perception into how we reasonable submitted opinions, fight fraudulent ones, and validate the integrity of our platform. Need to learn the report for your self? You’ll be able to obtain it right here!
Under are some notable info and figures from our inaugural Transparency Report.
- In 2018, TripAdvisor obtained 155 million content material submissions from customers. Of these, 66 million have been opinions.
- The typical score submitted by reviewers for companies and areas listed on TripAdvisor was 4.22 out of 5.
- 100% of opinions submitted to TripAdvisor move by a sophisticated moderation course of, which makes use of state-of-the-art evaluation know-how to establish potential downside feedback.
- 4.7% of all overview submissions have been rejected or eliminated by both the superior evaluation know-how or manually by the content material moderation workforce. There are a selection of the reason why TripAdvisor rejects or removes opinions, starting from guideline violations (corresponding to the usage of profanity) to situations of overview fraud.
- Trying particularly at faux opinions, solely a really small fraction of all overview submissions — 2.1% — have been decided to be fraudulent, and the overwhelming majority of these (73%) have been blocked earlier than they ever obtained posted.
- Lower than 0.6% of all opinions submitted (374,220 in whole) made it onto TripAdvisor earlier than being eliminated for fraud.
- Fewer than 1% of opinions have been flagged by customers or companies for probably violating TripAdvisor tips. Most of these neighborhood studies have been reviewed inside six hours of being submitted.
Need to study extra about how TripAdvisor fights faux opinions? Obtain the total Transparency Report right here!